I was really pleased that I stuck to my plan in 2015 - I just ran out of time to make a BIG coat project at the end of the year - I hardly sewed at all for the boys BUT I did get through my plan.
1. Select 12 patterns to sew or get rid of by the end of the year (stash is nearly 50 patterns)
2. SWAP (again)
Last year I started running and sewing some of my own running kit. The running has meant that I have become fit (and can keep up with the children - horray!), and have lost LOTS of weight (double horray!!)....but now I need a complete wardrobe.
I sat down and looked at the plans for the year and came up with FIVE goals:
3. Reduce the Stash (fabric and patterns) - 38 patterns, 8 boxes of fabric, 3 boxes of yarn!!!
5. SWAP wardrobe - a complete wardrobe.
I really wanted to clear the decks before I started anything new, so one goal was to finish the urgent "To Do" from 2014... which I managed today.
SWAP - sewing with a plan.....here's the plan
Completed white set May 2015
Completed black set August 2015
It would be great to achieve this list once, twice would be brilliant!!
Added to that I want to sew at least 2 smart shirts for J - birthday/anniversary/valentines/Christmas - missed most of these only Christmas left!
I have been thinking about my "To Do" list for 2014. I have spent lots of time thinking about it - probably should have been sewing or knitting instead...
The more I thought the more I realised that I wanted to:
1. Sew from stash - reduce the stash by 2 boxes!
2. Knit from stash
3. Use stash patterns
4. Use patterns from books and magazines from stash
Then I thought about the other things I wanted to do:
Sew the crafty class dress
Perfect a shirt pattern for my husband.
I thought about the pattern review contests:
SO my goals for 2014 are:
1. Complete green coat AND then make a second coat to reinforce all the new skills learnt.
April 2014 - completed green coat :-)
2. Sew / Knit at least 8 things from the book/ magazine stash
1. April 2014 - finished socks from "Getting started Knitting Socks" - I HAVE used the book before but not that pattern.
2. April 2014 - made "Rose" bag from Making Vintage Bags by Emma Brennan
3. April 2014 - made "Dorothy" bag from Making Vintage Bags by Emma Brennan
4.July 2014 - made "Ruffled Hobo" bag from Sew Serendipity Bag by Kay Whitt
5. June 2014 - starting knitting socks from ??? (tbc)
6. Aug/Sept - used the Kwik Sew Master Pattern Book - sports bra & knickers
3. Adapt the shirt pattern to get a better fit for J
May 2014 - adapted 6044 to include back yoke and pleat - much better fit. Now to redraft collar so it fits properly (since my adaptions to the front means the collar needs to be 2cm longer...)
August 2014 - one set complete - so pleased I have put it on hangers rather than crumple it into the underwear drawer!!
August 2014 - both sets now complete (bird set and red set)
My top "throw it into the ring" goal will be coat making........
All of these are based around using up what I have