Friday, 30 June 2017

Lisette Passport Dress


Adjusted the pattern  (ie corrected my previous hacking up the pattern mistakes!) and even took the time to hand sew the armhole bias binding down.

Thought the fabric might be too red for me.. but with my blue Peggy Sue  - it is great. Am planning on making this again with a plain A line skirt (no pleats).. the pleats do not flatter me! However I love wearing this!


 Love the front dart crossover detail
 This fabric was going to be a Gabriola skirt but I am glad I changed my mind and made a dress instead!

I find getting into it hard - I do have wide shoulders. The side zipper (which is closed at the top), does not work for me. Next time I will put in a centre back zipper - which will also mean I can make a sway-back adjustment.

2 comments:

  1. This fabric is amazing. What a lovely dress. I think the pleats look fine on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I picked up the fabric at the Ally Pally years ago - feels good to finally be wearing it rather than storing it in a box!

      Delete