Saturday, 9 July 2016

SWAP?? maybe?... but definitely busting the fabric and pattern stash... B6066


A dress was on the to do list (actually two are).

Butterick B6066 came free with a magazine...

I made view C - but there were lots of issues:

Strangulation neckline:

 bra straps shows plus too baggy under arms (in this photo I have just sewn it up an extra 1.5cm on each side seam)

After finishing this dress on 30th June.. I then wore it on 1st July..... I spent the whole day feeling like I was being strangled. So the dress went through the wash and was then altered...

2cm off the front neckline blending down to 1.5cm removal at the back.


 Unpicked the topstiching and under arm seam - resewed them with a large SA in order to obtain a smooth finish.

Insane novelty fabric

I still feel that the arm/straps are too narrow (especially since most bras show) so I think if I made it again I would add the arm straps/ bits from view D.

Not sure I want to use this pattern again though. I shall leave it to think about it!

1 comment:

  1. I admire you and great job on the fitting. Once I have sewn something I am done whether it fits or not.

    ReplyDelete