Thursday, 21 July 2016

Simplicity 2248


I made my second dress..(for this years SWAP not the 2nd dress I have ever made :-) ).
  This is a Project Runway pattern.

I had the envelope with 12-20, but really I needed 10-14. The construction and pattern pieces are really interesting. I had to take it in lots under the arm and under the bust and at the top of the zip at the back. I don't think that is the fault of the pattern, just I had the wrong size and needed to grade down the bodice. The pattern comes as a combined bodice and skirt which makes grading much harder.

The button is a fabulous vintage button from So Zo which matched the fabric perfectly and was the right size AND was not too heavy for the fabric..... could have been made with this dress in mind!

Again fabric and pattern from stash - GO ME!.... and also completed part of my sewing dare from Gillian at Crafting a Rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment