Thursday, 19 May 2016

Kwik Sew 3815


Pattern from stash..completed!

Kwik Sew 3815 as an anniversary present - I just need to wait until the beginning of June to find out if it fits. Not only does it look too large... but it also looks like I have inadvertently made a "Royal Mail" fleece for him!


I did not put on the elastic and fleece bands at the hem or the sleeve hems. I also did not put in the zipper pocket on the top section. The pattern asks for lots of contrast fabric - I did not do any of that. The only bit I did use contrast for was the "pocket" piece - which is inside the pocket. It would be too bulky with two latyers of this thick ex-North Face fleece, so the pockets inside are red activewear fabric.
 I also included reflective piping in the straight seams - but even with ironing first it still ripples :-(

The sewing machine needed a good clean after sewing this garment!

This took 4 evenings to make - so about 4 hours work. It helps that I have made Kwik Sew 3816 and Kwik Sew 3813   in the past - and they are essentially the same pattern.

Using the walking foot makes a real difference - I forgot to use it for the collar and it really warped.

No comments:

Post a Comment