Thursday, 7 April 2016

To do lists...

I had a number of things I wanted to get down over my Easter break... and I have accomplished more that I thought I would :-)

Last week I made O some new bedding:



 I used a strip of poppa tape to close the duvet.






Last night I finished a cardigan which I cut out before Christmas (maybe .....I can't actually remember when I cut it out it was so long ago)...



This is McCalls 7026 which I made before here and I made the following notes:

1. lengthen by at least 1" possibly 2" (it covers the models behind but barely reaches mine!... but I do have a long back so adding length is a fairly standard adjustment).... however this means that I will need LONGER ZIPS...arghhhhhh!! Done and I got away with using the zips I had in stash

 2. This was pretty fitted on me  (but I was blending between sizes - I could do with reducing the seam allowance on the sleeves to make them slightly less fitted.
made the sleeves less tight at the wrist.

2. USE THE WALKING FOOT when working with fleece! Durr! I knew that I was just being lazy last time -worked a dream with the walking foot - also did not overlock the seams I ironed them open and top stitched them down as I think this looks nicer when the inside is seen for this top.

3. Change the pockets - they are too far back - uncomfortably so. Might put a pocket into the princess seam instead.
I did this but now they are microscopically small and need a zip to keep anything inside... that's for the next time I make this.

The pattern on the fabric is so busy that you can't actually see the fun style lines. My 3rd version is going to be plain black with possible reflective piping between all the seams......


This cardigan/jacket also ticked something off my SWAP list - horray!

No comments:

Post a Comment