Monday, 11 April 2016

Surf to Summit - crew / jewel / T-shirt neckline adaptation


I first made the Surf to Summit  top back in January. This is a pattern by Fehr Trade available here. I have used this top lots and decided that it would be the perfect base for a running top for the Superhero race in May. May in English might be super hot or super cold.... I decided to make a short sleeve version with a crew neckline.

First I made a toile and drew over it with a Sharpie to decide where I wanted the neckline. Then I trimmed it to check:






Then I adapted the traced off pattern pieces and made up my superhero top. It has reflective piping in the seams. Unfortunately the reflective piping has no stretch so distorts the lines on the back - but at least I can be seen. I can run in it (I tested it yesterday with a long sleeve Tshirt underneath)





I see lots more versions of this top in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment