Thursday, 3 December 2015

Simplicity K1688 - Cynthia Rowley

I used this pattern (which came free with a magazine) to make a jacket to go with the dress-for-a-black-tie-event-in-May... actually completed in time to wear to something in December - Oh Well!

The jacket is perfect to hit at the waist and make a light top to wear with an evening dress. I used gold Dupion silk for the shell and some left over silk from the dress to line the jacket.

The jacket goes together very quickly. I did not follow the instructions for the sleeve as  I did not want to bind the armholes. Instead I sewed the sleeves to the shell, and the sleeves to the lining, then bagged the lining - turning through the sleeve. Then I added the sleeve bands to the bottom of the sleeves to finish. Neaten the sleeve bands inside with the overlocker and then top stitching down.

The pattern suggests add hooks and eyes but I am going to wear it before I decide if I want to bother with those - I don't see myself wanting to do it up!

toile


Finished jacket


Lovely lining 


Apparently this is my 400th post!!!



1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely and I like how the lining coordinates with your dress. I want to make view B of this pattern.

    ReplyDelete