Saturday, 11 July 2015

New Look 6774

I knew I had a wedding to attend so I did some research (from the computer)...I thought that I liked the Amaris Maxi dress from Monsoon and that I also had some border print fabric in the stash..



I looked through my pattern stash including my Burda mags and despite having about 1 billion dress patterns I clearly decided that I needed to buy a new pattern:


I used A + J+K to make a dress similar to the inspiration dress. New Look 6774 has gathers across the back and the centre back - but that normally makes me look heavily pregnant - not a flattering look. So I changed the gathers into 4 pleats at the front sides and 2 in the back.




I am really pleased with how it turned out. I did have to make it MUCH MUCH smaller than the pattern envelope suggest as there is SO much ease in the pattern. I finished this in time to wear it to the wedding - so fantastic I hit a goal for 2015.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely dress! Perfect for a summer wedding. I hope you received lots of compliments:) I also have a hefty pattern collection & find myself adding to it regularly (though I'm trying to be more selective lately!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and very much like your inspiration dress.

    ReplyDelete