Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Making Vintage Bags - Emma Brennan - Dorothy / Evelyn


Ever since I saw this bag I have wanted to make one of my own. This is the reason I asked for the book "Making Vintage Bags" by Emma Brennan. I have now tried out 2 of the pattern and liked both of them. I made the rose to go with the bag, but it does not match well enough (for some reason it matches much better in the photo than it actually does!)

Currently I am just testing various patterns with the plan that I will make them again to match dresses (entirely imaginary dresses which are still lengths of fabric).....I think I would prefer this with detachable straps.

The pattern calls for craft vilene which I did not have so I just used heavy weight vilene and fusible volume fleece. It would be better with pelmet vilene.

No comments:

Post a Comment