Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Indygo Junction Streetcar Bag IJ874



This bag comes out HUGE!!!

Pattern Description:


"Inspired by the styles of the early 1950's, these roomy shoulder bags combine practical size and shape with unique detailing"

Pattern Sizing:

N/A - But these bags come out HUGE..

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from fabric choice

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Very clear instructions - but seam allowances were in 1/4" and 1/2".



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I liked the ruched detail at the front and the shape of the bag - that is why I bought the pattern.

I also liked the internal zipper pocket.

Fabric Used:

Curtain fabric, fusible volume fleece and cotton sateen lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Essentially none - but used a fusible volume fleece instead of sew in. This worked well as the bag stands by itself with out additional supports. Did not put hard base into bag - as bag stiff enough and I was not sure I would be using it!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I would not sew it again as it is. I found the opening too small for the size of the bag - hard to get things in and out. I might make the bag shorter and a fraction smaller and try it again -but I have so many bag patterns to try I am not sure I will bother

Conclusion:

I AM glad I got this pattern out of the stash - it does not take long to make and makes a huge roomy bag, the only slight issue being access to the contents.

Lesson learnt: Fusible volume fleece works really well for bags - might quilt it to add interest next time. Also works well for bodywarmer/vest BUT NOT coats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment