Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Goldilocks and the three peg bags

Bag created as per pattern instructions... but "oh no this one is TOO SMALL" .......

When the pattern is increased 143% (which is A4 to A3 and the pattern comes on A4 paper).... then the hand hole is TOO BIG



Really I should have anticipated this and reduced the size of the hand hole and moved it up a little bit when I printed off the paper pattern in the scaled up size :-)  For comparision - here they are side by side (and next to my sewing machine to give a sense of scale!)


Unfortnately I am not as determined as Goldilocks and this "too big" bag will just have to do for the moment... at least all the pegs fit into it.


Pattern available from lapp-elisa.com

Inspired by .nicolaforemanquilts.com/

The first bag is made with the bias binding around the base as per the instructions. I also used Fast-2-Fuse double sided stiff fusible interfacing for the base (as suggested by inspiration blog posts!). I used fusible volume fleece for the main body of the bag.

The second bag is made with Fase 2 Fuse for the base, the main bag/sides are interfaced with heavyweight interfacing AND fusible volume fleece. I sewed the base on right sides together and then turned the bag out. I prefer this finish.

You can see my seam finishes - but it is a peg bag so I am not fussed. The pattern has all seams enclosed or covered...


No comments:

Post a Comment