Saturday, 19 October 2013

Sewing PJ - Ottobre 01-2013-15

My eldest does not like T-shirt tops in bed - he wanted some fun vest (tank tops) rather than plain white - then he would agree they were pj's and wear them in bed. So a plain black one was made first to test out the pattern - it worked fine - in fact he has been wearing it ever since I finished the last stitch. The next two were finished today.....


with a pair of Ottobre 06-2009-37 bottoms to complete the look!


The tank tops have a back yoke which I have made in a constrasting piece of black - this uses a mere scrap of fabric - another reason not to throw out little pieces of jersey! I cleared quite a lot of fabric from the stash making this selection.

The top has ribbing binding (in stash) but would be much quick with FOE (none in stash)... so ribbing it was! I think that 3cm wide rather than 4.5 would work better.


Pattern Description:


Mesh tank top with back yoke and ribbing edges

Pattern Sizing:

92-146cm

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No/Yes - No because I did not use mesh - but other than that yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes there were easy

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

-Needed a vest (tank top) pattern and this is more interesting because of the back yoke - can use tiny scraps of jersey!

- ribbing takes more time to apply as a binding than cutting and making the rest of the top!



Fabric Used:

cotton jersey knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

- just turned up the hem rather than using binding for it.

- Also next time I might make the hem straight (rather than the curve in the pattern)

- FOE instead of ribbing binding might work well

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I have sewn it three times and once I have a stock of FOE in I shall make more in the other sizes

Conclusion:



My son loves this and says it is very comfy - WIN! Uses tiny amount of fabric and is fairly quick to make.



I found 3cm wide binding and 6mm seam allowances worked fine (rather than the 4.5 cm suggested by Ottobre)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! I love sewing Ottobre patterns for my kids!

    ReplyDelete