Monday, 7 October 2013

Ottobre PJ's


These PJ's were made as a birthday present. Pattern Description: "long sleeve pajama top and long-john pajama pants" They have rib cuffs at sleeve and bottom of the legs Pattern Sizing: 134-170( I made 140) Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes - apart from my changes Were the instructions easy to follow? Did not really use them as essentially this is just a T-shirt and elastic wasit trousers. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? PJ pattern with slightly different shoulder line Fabric Used: cotton jersey Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: 1. I used solid pink for the top - but I think having a contrast front (as in Ottobre) would make the design feature of the shoulder line coming into the front look like it is supposed to me there rather than looking like a mistake! 2. I used contrasting fabric for the trousers (which I then tried to use for the neckline and cuffs of the top - but it did not really work) 3. I used heart applique not Rudolf! 4. Not really a design change.... but the trouser fabric is not very stretchy and I messed up the neckline so by the time I cut off 12mm and put on a self-fabric neckline... the neckline is MUCH bigger and baggier than designed..... more like a boat neck! Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes - but I don't know what it is like worn as I made it as a gift.. Conclusion: check your stretch on the fabric for your cuffs and necklines don't sew tired or in a rush (hence my 2 cut off necklines!) lovely pattern to try for some nice jersey knit PJ's!

No comments:

Post a Comment