Friday, 11 October 2013

Ottobre 01-2009-31

I made this top as a birthday present for a girl who is horse mad and just turned 10. I thought it might be a tunic / dress on her..... she loves it so all is well! (I made her sister something from the same fabric ealier in the year - another top)

Pattern Description:


A tunic top with 2 sleeve lengths and pocket options

Pattern Sizing:

128-170cm

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Apart from my changes yes..

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Minimal Ottobre instructions as usuall - but they were fine

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

flared tunic top to make as a present.

Fabric Used:

cotton jersey

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

1. Made sleeves with mini sleeve bands instead of hemming the sleeves

2. Turned and folded the neckline - the binding pulled the neckline out of shape - I am sure that was operator error!



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I would sew it again (as actually the size 170 would fit me!) and I would recommend it to others

Conclusion:

lovely quick knit top.



- the instructions suggest sewing one shoulder seam, then attaching the neckline binding then sewing the shouder seam... which is what I did, but I did not like this method and stretched the neckline out of shape......NEXT TIME. I would sew both shoulder seam, prepare the neckline binding and applying it using the pin and quatering method I use for ribbing



- I gathered the sleeve heads by running them through the overlocker on the "2" setting - gathering up the fabric THEN sewing them onto the garment.




2 comments:

  1. thank's for your information and i really like your post ^___^

    ReplyDelete