Saturday, 21 September 2013

Butterick Skirt


Pattern Description:


Skirt in 3 lengths, circular bias seams, back lapped zipper, waistband and flared hem - I made C/D (the long version)

Pattern Sizing:

8-14

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - but I don't use them anymore/

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the bias cut and the flare. I have made this several times before and I always get lots of compliments when I wear the skirts I have made using this pattern.. what more can you ask for in a pattern?

Fabric Used:

Mystery fabric from stash and cotton poplin for the lining

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

No waistband

Fully lined skirt (lined with view B)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes this will be sewn many more times - Although it uses A LOT of fabric 3-4m (view B or C)

Conclusion:

This is part of my mini wardrobe entry.. best get going on the rest !!

Love this pattern.

3 comments:

  1. Love the drape and fall of your skirt - I can see why it is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I have the pattern number, please? I love the flare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5042 :)

      http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/91140

      Delete