Thursday, 15 August 2013

McCalls 6044

Pattern and Fabric stash busting!!

Pattern Description:


Shirt with 2 sleeve lengths, pocket options and applied yoke option. I made A the short sleeve shirt

Pattern Sizing:

Smal - Large (34" - 44")

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Curved hem

Fast pattern to put together - especially when making the short sleeve version!

Fabric Used:

cotton - seersucker

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None - but next time I will need to add yoke and back pleat to create more ease across the chest (my husband is a 41" chest and I made a large 42"-44"..BUT he does like to wear these over T-shirts!



NEXT time.. I shall:

1.sew the long sleeve version

2. Use DAvid Coffin's book to use a different collar application method

3. Cut the buttonhole piece on the cross grain for variety

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes - but I will adapt the pattern

Conclusion:

Almost a basic block to amend at will! I will use this pattern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment