Tuesday, 13 August 2013

B4532 - Hat and Bag pattern


I have made this hat twice before (once as a test, once as a present - in 2008?), and now I have made it for a third time. The hat needs VERY stiff interfacing OR hat support "stuff" (no idea what it is called as I was given a piece to use by my mum!!) Pattern Description: Hat and bags - I made the HAT Pattern Sizing: 20 1/2 " - 23 1/2" Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Slightly unusual hat brim shape - use up scraps of fabric to decorate the hat Fabric Used: Left over cottons from other projects Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is the third time I have sewn it - so YES! This one is too pink for me so I shall be making another less bright hat! Conclusion: Be sure to carefully mark up your pieces. I found that the Large size fit me better than M (even though I am between sizes). Ensure you use STIFF interfacing or special hat interfacing / support on the brim. Lovely hat pattern (I have also made up the bags which are great - but so long ago no pictures) my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment