Thursday, 20 June 2013

Lovely Ottobre & Kwik Sew



Ottobre 03-2209-32 - sewn as a gift, so no pictures of it worn yet... I hope it fits as I had to guess sizing!

This top really needs a lovely drapey fabric to work as it was designed to. I used elastic on the neckline AND on the shoulders...

Pattern Description:


"Gwen" flared knit tunic top

Pattern Sizing:

98-146 ( I made 134)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from not adding the applique flower

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

pretty flowing tunic top to make as a quick present

Fabric Used:

Cotton jersey

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

1. No flower added

no other changes...

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I don't have any girls (I made this as a present), so I am unlikely to sew it again. If the little girls really likes it and asks for more I might make more.



I would recommend it BUT

1. as other reviewers mention - think about how to hem.

2. I am not keen on the neckline and think FOE / ribbing / self binding / bias etc might work better.

Conclusion:



Lovely quick top to make ...waiting to see what it looks like on though!



Yet another Kwik Sew 3299 for my husband, this time I used ribbing for the neckline. I think I should have cut it much shorter as the neckline seems wide and baggy :-(

Unfortunately neither top count for pattern stash - as I bought the fabric recently to make these items (at least they are done though!)

Now off to trace off a coat from my youngest boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment