Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Stash Busting


I decided to go through my knit box and stash bust....

some things I left in the box:
ribbing
fabric used on projects for other people "which might be useful"???
Small selection of fabrics for applique onto boys T-shirts (in a bag and with label!)

Everything else was cut up to make a T-shirt or knickers or bras...

OR went into the textile recycling bin

 Burda 02-2009-108 - made in about 20 minutes - just fast T-shirt for pottering about in, just to get the horrible thin jersey out of stash...

Then a lesson in not-buying-cheapo-elastic-from-ebay....

the 100m roll of elastic that I bought!!! seems tooooooo stretchy... in order to make knickers stay up the elastic needs cutting really short which means that the knickers pucker like mad when flat:
But are smooth when worn (no photo of that though!)
 The elastic stretches too far and does not have a very strong recovery..it has been bugging me for a while, and now I think I need to get this elastic out of the house!

But at least I have 4 pairs of knickers.. even if they are VERY strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment