Thursday, 24 January 2013

KS 3300 Bra



This was made using the Kwik Sew 3300 pattern, and has been sitting by the sewing machine waiting for the underwires and fasteners to be ordered and then arrive! Unfortunatly the cheap 100m spools of elastic I ordered from ebay are FAR too stretchy and therefore the straps need to be taken off, shortened and then reattached!.

I also noticed one underwire was a different length - mistakes are easily made so I need to check all of them and send any incorrect ones back.

I love the black lace on this. The bra was made to match some blue knickers. I like the softness of the jersey, but I think I am going to have to interface or line with tricot or something to reduce the "stretching out of shape" factor that use might give these....


This is now the 9th bra I have made - without the bra-making sewalong to spur me into action I would not have made so many this month. January has turned into lingerie month for me. I almost feel like I am hitting my stride and need to spent February making more. However Feb has been mentally noted down as "coat month" for starting and getting on with my coat  - I want it to be fully toiled and then cut out by the end of Feb..

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Great colors. I'm waiting for a few bits and bobs in the mail to make another bra. I really like this pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete