Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Bike Seat Cover




I made another bike seat cover for a friend this year - slightly changing the construction. I sewed the elastic on as if it were lingerie elastic, then turned it inside and sewed it again. It seems to give a better fit. I hope it fits my friends bike!

Water proof fabric padded with volume fleece and cotton

I first made this bike seat cover last december blogged here, with a link to the tutorial I used. This time I used the same pattern, with a few amendments. The side piece really only needs to be 4" wide and then since I folded the elastic into the cover this removed more depth. The stitching is pink against the grey fabric on the outside to add  interest!

1 comment:

  1. That looks ace! What a useful and cool present, I'm sure your friend will love it

    ReplyDelete