Sunday, 2 September 2012

After a Two Year wait... my eldest finally has the coat of his dreams..

He wanted a bright yellow coat, with a hood that would be warm. I used Pattern Cutting for Childrenswear from W. Aldrich to draft the hood, which is removable.



Really I should have used a different pattern, as a trench coat pattern does not lend itself to heavily layered wool coats! This coat has volume fleece inside. I should have interfaced the sleeves as this seems to be a knitted wool rather than woven and has stretch! Fingers crossed that it meets with the approval of J!  This was going to be my Pattern Review "lined coat" entry, but I missed the deadline by 2 days, but at least it gave me the incentive to actually get  on and make the coat. I had the fabric dry cleaned in preparation for making... A YEAR AGO!!!


More knitting - various holy dishcloths!


Also completed one sock - started sock two!

No comments:

Post a Comment