Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Sewing and KNITTING!!!

Another Simplicity 2185 - this time the full length version. I love this skirt but I might increase the flare next time I make it. Also got 3m of fabric out of stash, fabric my husband bought me months ago to make a skirt with.... so he is pleased to see it as a skirt rather than a pile of fabric. The skirt is lined as the fabric is very see-through. Also still don't like how the zipper went in - distorting the fabric.


A friend got me back into knitting, which I have not done since I was a child. All I managed then was a knit/purl stockinette stitch scarf which curled horribly! So I googled and found the pattern for "Grandma's favourite dishcloth" and knitted that up.  I have used it and found that it is too heavy for me - I prefer a holey dishcloth... and I have found a pattern for that which I intent to try!

I also joined Ravelry! Challenged myself to make a pair of socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment