Monday, 13 August 2012

More knitting


I set myself a challenge to learn to knit socks. This is my first step in that direction. I used this pattern to learn the basics, and although I am sure this sock would not fit any baby, and it is a far cry from making two identical socks which fit. I am SO pleased to have attempted it. Plus all I have every knit before was squares….

I know I still have a lot to learn and I could not have done it without help from Silver's knitting socks tutorial, or Getting Started Knitting Socks (Getting Started) by Ann Budd! I have now got a kit from Hulucrafts to knit a pair or adult socks.......


I also
sewed up another elephant, this time Wilbur. Burda 04-2009-149
 


Then I moved onto more knitting:


Open dishcloth free pattern



After deciding that the  grandma's favourite dishcloth pattern was too heavy and too close, I found this one. I have just tried it out and  the pattern seems to swap from right side to wrong side half way across, which I don't like... I shall try it gain missing out line 14.. ( it may be me not understanding the instructions!). Again my tensions were slightly wonky, but that will come with practice? I hope


No comments:

Post a Comment