Thursday, 26 July 2012

Burda Download Tanga




As other people have mentioned this is VERY fast to make. Unfortunately I did not like wear it, I did not find the style comfortable, but I am glad I experimented! Now what shall I do with the billion miles of stretch lace that I have?

Pattern Description:


Tanga knicker / Panties to be made in Stretch lace (or another stretch fabric)

Pattern Sizing:

Xs -L (Medium seems to be about UK 14/16)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes



Were the instructions easy to follow?

No instructions - a video tutorial - which misses out some steps.

Seam allowance "width of foot" 1/4"

Video tutorial

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Download - print the relevant pages (only 3 to make medium)

Very fast to make

Dislikes - did not like style - not comfortable for me (but that is not a fault of the pattern)

Fabric Used:

Stretch lace + tiny scrap of cotton jersey (from an Old T-shirt in fact!)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I will not sew it again, but if you like the style then I would recommend it.

Conclusion:

Worth the time (30 minutes) and cost (about £1 for the material) to try out a new style of underwear... could not have drive to the shops and paid to park for that time/ cost!

Lots of inspiring Tangas have been made up...

Ver Purple Person Red Set



I am planning how to include my lace into my normal knicker pattern now.

No comments:

Post a Comment