Monday, 30 April 2012

2012 may progress report

 
1. Create a stash busting list of all the patterns I have not made yet, and then make at least 10
30th April - I have still only used 2 patterns from the stash, but I have used one of those three times. Challenge for May - use another stash pattern



2. Get back into routine of writing a weekly menu
Less said the better!!

3.Complete the pattern cutting course and make some garments from self drafted patterns!

 Not made my skirt yet....

I am finishing the dress pattern toile and in the process of writing that up, then ANOTHER challenge for May is to make the dress in fashion fabric.....

4.To CREATE with boys - at least one projext a month - painting, sewing, lego building etc

L & O stencilled on fabric with fabric pens... Now to see that up. j is working on puppets at school so I Wang to do something with him on that.

5. To reduce fabric and pattern stash!!

 Well I have bought a vintage pattern and lots of fabrics ( some of which have already been used).Today I have been cutting into the knit stash, which is now at a sensible level. Next target...the woven fabric stash.

6. Write a To Do list of things I need or want to make.
  Old To Do list being ticked off. OWOP made me realise how much I need to SWAP (sew with a plan), so sorting the plan is a task for the Easter break...

2. Go through wardrobe to write new list of requirements
I did this and now have a master plan...which I just need to stick to!
4. Coat for J
Must do this by end of June?
 

 
I have been thinking about how inspiring so zo is with her lack of fabric purchasing. I have decided to only use stash fabrics and patterns during May and I wil try to see how many garments I can create. I really want to have done:
- self drafted dress
- skirt from stash

One of so zo challenges was to have someone wearing something she has made for me made may.. That would not be a challenge for me as I have a captive audience of under 8's who wear clothes I have made them anyway.... But making more things for me, from plan, from stash.. That will be a challenge....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment