Sunday, 11 March 2012

New Look 6808


VIEW B




Pattern Description:

Various tops for woven fabric with darts. A, B & C are made on the same base body - just change the sleeves / add collar, D & E are made on the other body pieces

Pattern Sizing:

8-18



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

B is the most simple garment in the selection, and I made it up to check fit etc before trying out the other styles. I did not use the instructions much but when I did look at the instructions ... as other reviwers mention, they jump all over the place and are confusing!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

View B

Sleeve - Sleeve is a double layer (one layer as facing) So could add piping easily at that point.

- strange insertion method - not sewn into a round but overlaps at underarm seam.. Need to wear it to see if this is nice.

- sleeve projects out a little ( maybe fabric)



As other reviwers have mentioned the facing is PATHETIC need to redraw and add 1" to this at least, or do as other people have and using a bias binding facing instead.....In fact the facing is so bad that the pattern suggests using fusible web on the shoulder seams to hold it down!!!



Nice shape to neck.. ABC based on same front and back. DE on another base pattern.



I used an invisible zipper in the side seam - nice fit to the top.



Fabric Used:

cotton batik

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None - as mentioned I might try adding piping into the sleeve next time.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes. I am planning to wear the top today and decide if I need to make any changes before going ahead and making view A (the 3/4 sleeve length top)

Conclusion:

A quick top to make, especially if you have made tops before.


Will make again and try A and C ... But take more time and finish my seams properly!

This was made using the fabric left over from making this dress. I need to stop ordering fabric until I know what I am making it for and can order the right amount!!

No comments:

Post a Comment