Friday, 2 March 2012

Captain Hook & Peter Pan




I used Simplicity 5512 to create Captain Hook's hat.

HAT D




Pattern Description:

Various costumes for children

Pattern Sizing:

age 3 -8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Similar - but I made changes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I disklike the bias binding around the hat brim and that the hat is not lined.

I liked the wired brim - can manipulate hat to desired shape.

Fabric Used:

Purple cotton poplin and heavyweight interfacing.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I did not put bias binding around the brim, instead I sewed the pieces together right sides together and turned them through. Then I pushed the wire inside the brim and sewed it in. I then constructed the hat as per pattern - but I added a lining.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I would sew the hat again - with modifications.

Conclusion:



The wire the vital to twist the brim to the desired shape. I was mkaing it as a Captain Hook fancy dress - I think it worked well. This pattern is getting a lot of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment