Thursday, 16 February 2012

Peter Pan Costume..

2nd March is going to be Peter Pan day at school in aid of The Great Ormond Street Hospital and the boys have to go in Costume.. L wanted to be Peter Pan, and J asked to be Captain Hook. Since I had lots of green fabric I started on Peter Pan first (placing an order for red and purple fabric in the meantime!)


I wanted a V-neck T-shirt with a collar to be Peter Pan.. the fabric is MUCH greener not idea why it looks blue in this photo! I lengthened the top to tunic length and added a jagged hem and did the same for the sleeves.

I did not finish the neckline properly - it is only a quick fancy dress costume. I'll still write a review as I liked the pattern enough to make it properly next time!

Pattern Description:


V-neck shirt with a collar and double-layer look to the sleeves and hem, designed for knits.

Pattern Sizing:

104-146

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No - but that is because I was changing it to use the pattern a a basis for a Peter Pan Costume!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

They were Ottobre instructions....

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I wanted a V-neck T-shirt with a Collar to create a Peter Pan shirt.

Fabric Used:

Cotton Jersey

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:



I left off the trim on the sleeve and hem

I added lots of length and then cut a jagged line for the peter pan effect on the sleeves and the hem

I did not bind the neckline properly, I just put on the collar and then folded back the seam allowance on the V section



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I would sew this up again properly as a "real" T-shirt if my sons ask me to.

Conclusion:

I am really pleased with this as a basis for the Peter Pan costume... off to make hat, shoes and trousers now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment