Thursday, 16 February 2012

Captain Hook Fancy Dress

Captain Hook requires...

1. Hook
2. Purple hat with plume (white)
3. Sword
4. Big red frock Coat completed!

No 4 DONE! (well almost just need to sew on a button and button loop!)


Ottobre 06-2009-22 to the rescue! I am sure that this will look much better on!
I used a red "plush" double sided fabric which shed red fluff everywhere ... I had to hoover myself, the overlocker, the table, chairs, the floor, the walls......everywhere! I think I might put the left over fabric in the recycling bin.. it was that bad! I had intended to put in pockets and let J use this as a dressing gown afterwards, but the fabric meant I did not want to prolong the process... I just wanted it DONE.

The fabric does feel lovely and soft though!!

Pattern Description:


A Princess seamed unlined coat

Pattern Sizing:

104-134

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No - but only because I made it using red plush fleece fabric. Otherwise it would have looked the same!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - but I did not follow them really I just overlocked the whole coat together to make a fancy dress Captain Hook coat..

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

The fact it could look like a Captain Hook frock coat..

The pattern goes together well

Fabric Used:

Horrible fluff shedding red double-sided plush stuff (which actually feels lovely)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

No pockets (just fancy dress and the fabric was too horrible to work with!)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

No - but only because it is too girly a coat to make for any of my 3 boys (unless it is for fancy dress obviously!) But I would recommend it. It is a dream of a pattern and from tracing off to finishing (well I have not sewn on the button) took just 3 hours..

Conclusion:



Lovely coat which could be made up for a little girl in a variety of double sided non-fray fabrics..

No comments:

Post a Comment