Wednesday, 31 August 2011

New Look 6786 Top A / B




Pattern Description:

A & B - Knit top, C -knit cardigan, D - trousers, E- shorts
Pattern Sizing:
8-18 (in my envelope)
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
I made A / B
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes - very clear.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Like - the style - but it did not work for me!

Dislike -The attachment of the shoulder straps leaves the raw edges exposed (inside the garment, but that still irritates me)
- the shoulder straps seem long (obviously an easy fix!) as my bra band was exposed at the back.
- difference seam allwance on shoulder straps to the rest of the pattern
- it was very unflattering on me! So I will not make it up - a shame as I really wanted the pattern to work for me

Fabric Used:
mystery jersey knit from stash
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
No I will not sew up the top again, I will make more shorts though.


Conclusion:
The top will never make it past the toile/ muslin stage! However I have already made two pairs of the shorts, and I shall try the knit cardigan next.  Pattern worth it for the short (worn under a skirt when cycling!)


No comments:

Post a Comment