Wednesday, 3 August 2011

New Look 6786 - Shorts



Pattern Description:


A & B - Knit top, C -knit cardigan, D - trousers, E- shorts

Pattern Sizing:

8-18 (in my envelope)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

I made E - SHORTS...No - but that is only because I did not put in the turns ups that the pattern calls for.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - very clear, although I used a different method of construction.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Like - designed to be worn 1" below waist - actually lower for me, but since I am making these to wear under a skirt while cycling this is actually perfect. If I were to wear them on there own I would want to increase the height...

Also like the dart shaping at the waist.

Dislike -seem fairly baggy at the bottom, but then I did miss out the turnups (so they look longer than they should), and I don't need them too tight if cycling!

Fabric Used:

Polycotton - gingham

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I used an invisible zipper not a lapped one.

I decreased the seam alloance at the hips to 1cm

I did not create the turn ups with tabs and button.

The waistband is just a simple 1cm wide, just to neaten the edges, the pattern does not call for interfacing, but I used ultrasoft interfacing to add a little stability.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I shall cycle with these on and then decide. Considering these were whipped up in no time as long as they are comfortable to cycle in, I shall make many more pairs!

Conclusion:



I plan to make top A/B and C aswell hopefully they will be as good.Very pleased with these shorts. Fast simple pattern - only 3 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment