Friday, 8 July 2011

Kwik Sew 2811 - PJ Shorts






Made this to wear under my skirt when cycling to retain some modesty! However they are VERY short at the back, if I make them again I will have to lengthen them. I will not make them until I  have worn them while cycling to ensure they are up to the job! Since my bike is at the bike shop being repaired, I shall have a little wait.

Pattern Description:


Misses' Pajamas for woven fabrics

Pattern Sizing:

XS- XL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Somewhat



Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - though I did not use them - I read them before and they seemed simple enough.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I needed a quick pattern to make some shorts, and these go together quickly. The instructions call for a flat front with elastic in the back. Buttonholes at the front for ties.

Fabric Used:

Left over cotton from a skirt

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I made these elastic all the way around and did not hem the shorts as they were already too short!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I made these to wear under my skirts while cycling to retain some modesty. If they work well I will make more, but I would lengthen them as they were very very short!

Conclusion:

Once my bike comes back from the repair shop I will try these and decide if I will make more. The pattern goes together quickly, and I shall make some proper PJ's from the full length pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment