Monday, 4 July 2011

Bodywarmer finished - KS 3813

This is very similar to the child’s bodywarmer pattern no 3816 reviewed here. However the ladies version has princess seams to shape the sides. I made a reversible padded sleeveless version for a friend. Zebra print one side and royal blue on the other - she loves it. The welt pockets need interfacing beneath them to stablise them. I also bound the internal raw edges of the pockets.
 The other side is not seen as the lining for the pocket is attached to it.





Pattern Sizing:


XS - XL in one packet - I made the M



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

I made view B. As with the one that I made for my son, (3816) I did not make it with contrast panels, I used the same fabric externally throughout. I essentially made this twice and then attached the two tops together in order to make a fully reversible jacket. So it does not look like the pattern envelope, but that is because of my changes.





Were the instructions easy to follow?

The instructions were very easy to follow.



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I don’t like the zipper shield and did not use it. The pattern calls for single layer of fabric to be used as a zipper shield. I think I would use two layers sewn together to get a better effect. I love that this is a shaped jacket and that it has a sleeved and sleeveless version.



Fabric Used:

I used royal blue tracksuit fleece, zebra print cotton jersey - with very little stretch, iron on volume fleece. No stash busting here as all these fabrics were purchased as this was what my friend wanted!





Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I did not use the casing at the bottom - I just put on a band of the zebra print fabric. All other changes have already been mentioned.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I love this pattern and will use it again for myself. I have also got the men’s version and need to make that up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment