Sunday, 19 June 2011

New Look 6463 - Finished skirts...

I think that I have learnt an important lesson with this skirt.....when you get fed up with it and find it a chore to sew it...STOP! I just wanted it finished and therefore rushed it, it looks VERY homemade and I am not sure I can even bring myself to wear it or rectify the mistakes. I might just put it in the wardrobe until I get over it and can therefore go back to it with fresh eyes and sort it out!!

 Wrinkling and pulling on one side where I did not line up the pieces properly and they slipped about anyway.



Pattern Description:
6 styles in one - skirt - mid calf
Pattern Sizing:

8-18
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
I made view A, I shortened it by 6" so yes - but shorter. I also did not add the tie.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes - very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Like the swirly factor and the fact it only has 4 pieces! I don't like elastic waistbands though so I converted it, by adding darts and a side zipper.  Although it moves well, I am not sure it will be Ok for sitting it - find out when I wear it!
Fabric Used:

Stash busting -  mystery red lining fabric and mystery chiffon type stuff... which was a NIGHTMARE
Second time - cotton and mystery lining fabrics
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

As stated shortened it, and added darts and zipper rather than an elastic casing.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I have sewn it twice and might sew it again- full length for winter.

Conclusion:
I made so many changes I don't think that any errors can be blamed on the pattern. Certaininly I am pleased with my final skirt!


No pulling!

I made a mental list of things I need in my wardrobe and I wanted 4 new skirts.. which I have now done (I am not counting the dreadful black and white hearts one!)... so now I have to move onto making tops. I need to make plain tops to match all the patterned skirts. I think  I will have to plan some plain skirts later in the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment