Friday, 10 June 2011

Burda 09-2009-133



Pattern Description:


Maxi skirt with 4 godets

Pattern Sizing:

36-46

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Sort off - I used a patterned fabric and altered the pattern from 40 at waist to 44 at the hips

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Amazingly easy for a Burda magazine pattern!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Like the extra flare from the godets, don't like the CF and CB seams

Fabric Used:

Stash busting - cotton print , with mystery lining fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

added a lining and changed from 40 at waist to 44 at hips, also reduced the length by about 8" as I wanted a mid calf skirt.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I made errors when altering the pattern, so I need to iron those out before I make it again. Just smooth the line between the smaller waist and larger hips, increase the size of the darts rather than just slicing fabric off the side seams!. I think I would make it without the CF and CB seams next time. Threads issue 155 has a great article on inserting godets into slashes rather than seams. I would do this if using a patterned fabric again, as I did not match the fabric across the seams and it really bugs me, luckily my T-shirt mostly hide it. Probably best to make this in a plain fabric with possibly patterned godets.

Conclusion:



I might make this again but I do have LOTS of other skirt patterns to try first before going back to this one. (including 3 Marfy ones that I havenot plucked up the courage for yet!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment