Saturday, 14 May 2011

Vogue 8494 FINISHED



please ignore the lamp growing out of my elbow!
lace trim on lining

Pattern Description:


Misses' Dress - Lined in 2 lengths, princess seams, back zipper and A-line skirt

Pattern Sizing:

12-18 (in my envelope), the pattern is Out OF Print

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from I made it in a summery batik rather than evening dress fabrics!



Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - I followed them for the toile and then used parts of the for the dress

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Went together fairly quickly - well about 6 hours total (after toiler done). I really do not like the way the bodice is contructed - the shoulder seam is sewn last, with the lining and then handsewn shut. It felt cumbersome!

Fabric Used:

Cotton Batik from stash, mystery lining fabric from stash, zip from stash, lace from stash (can you tell I am stash busting!)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Top stitched rather than understitched. Size 12 top half and size 16 bottom - other than that none. If I made it again I would sew the bodice up in my normal matter rather than as suggested by Vogue!

Sewed back pieces together then inserted concealed zipper

Sewed front pieces together then attached at side seams

Made lining then as pattern instructions....

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Probably will not sew it again as I don't like the A Line skirt on me. I will use a princess seam bodice from a different Vogue pattern added to a different skirt. I will use the V bodice shaping again

Conclusion:



If A line skirts suit you, this is a lovely pattern to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment