Sunday, 1 May 2011

Simplicity 3775 - Dress (as a top)


Pattern Description:


Knit Dress in two lengths with Bodice variations

Pattern Sizing:

4-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No - but that is because I made it as a V-neck T-shirt not a dress!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes (followed them when I made the toile dress...which is why I made it as a top in the end)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Clear instructions, many variations

Fabric Used:

Cotton Jersey

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:



1. I added a V-neck

2. The skirt did not suit me so I made it as a top with a band at the bottom - next time I would made the band a little longer as I feel it is a little too short



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes - but probably one of the variations, or with a fun print.

Conclusion:

Can be hard sewing through many layers in the ruching, but it is worth it.

I just wanted to make something for me so I rushed this off - which I KNOW I should not do. I made several mistakes - this is far from being my best work, but at least I have a top to wear. Now to consider if I will enter it into Spring Top Week!  Part of the problem was sewing it in poor light at night so I could not see properly!
 
I don't like the fact that the ruching is not fixed in place so it changes about. I think next time I would try either a different variation or machining over the ruched section with a stretch stitch obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment