Sunday, 22 May 2011

Burda 11-2008-104 - Finished


 Here is my finished Burda 11-2008-104.  This is the one that I mde up using fabric which I was given ages ago "to use as a toile or something", so the fabric is not special but I wanted to try out the pattern before I committed to using some other nicer fabrics! The fabric was ultra thin so I hoped that it would have a good drape and the godets would sway well...

As the photos show - I have not ironed it yet! I plan to wear it tomorrow and then decide if I want to make more of these.






Needs a good iron!

Ignore the mess, photo taken by my 6 year old which show the godets.



Lining Godet panel with stitching on the V where the fabric will be cut
I traced off the size 44 and then had to amend the top of the pattern to reduce the waist size.

I did not add a waistband, I merely added then lining and then turned it through and topstitched. I also Overlocked the hem edges (Burda says to zig-zag), but I do not like this finish and think that I would hem a narrow turned-up hem next time.


Pattern Description:


This is an A line skirt with side Godets

Pattern Sizing:

um forgot to look 32-46?

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No - but that is because:

1. The photo's were terrible - the first one the skirt is worn sideways (with the godets at the front not the sides.... the skirt cannot be worn that way as the front and back panels are different sizes), the second photo - the skirt is mostly obsured by the cardigan that the model is wearing and in the 3rd photo it is totally covered by a huge clutch handbag.......

2. I made view A (the long skirt) - but I made it 8cm shorter - A was too long and B/C too short!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

VERY - especially considering this is a Burda Mag set of instructions!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the Godets giving the skirt a bit of flare.

Fabric Used:

Mystery stash fabrics!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Made skirt A 8cm shorter (so halfway between the short version and the long version)

Fully lined (though A is lined and B/C are not in the instructions)

Adapted waist to fit (size 40ish to flare out to 44 everywhere else!)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I will - now I will use some of my favourite stash fabrics - rather than a piece I was given to "make a toile with".... In fact I have the fabric for the next skirt waiting to be cut out right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment