Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Yellow Shorts!

With the left over dyed fabric from the yellow trousers, I made a pair of Simplicity 4816 shorts. The pattern does have pockets, but other than that it is a very simple elasticated pair of shorts. I don't think it has enough interest, it does not look "grown-up" enough for a 6 year old! I shall have to go back to making up the Ottobre pattern that I have used in the past.

***The pockets need overlocking before they are attached to the shorts, and the side seams also need overlocking first.

back in May 2010 I said

"Next time I need to add in a mock fly, possibly back pockets with decoration and some trim, they would be more like RTW then. Also not making them in baby cord would help. I want to try it again with an adjustable waist, I really want to master how to convert a pattern successfully to an adjustable waist. Adjustable waist trousers and shorts are more versatile."

No comments:

Post a Comment