Saturday, 9 April 2011

Simplicity 3856 F - Trousers

I first made these trousers about 4 years ago. I made a red pair three years ago (for my eldest 3rd birthday, in time for his birthday trip to Legoland....by in time I mean I finished them 20 minutes before we got into the car). It has now become a tradition that the boys get a new pair of trousers in time for the first trip ,of the season,to Legoland. So J wants yellow trousers and L wants orange. The orange trousers are based on Simplicity 3856, except that I added a waistband and pockets at the top front, and missed off an external pocket.

Next time I think I would put back pockets on, a false fly front and not add a waistband.

Pattern Description:


Toddlers' Pants, Skirt, Jumper, Shirt and Bolero

Pattern Sizing:

1/2 - 4



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from my changes



Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use them this time - but they are good

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

The side pockets

Fabric Used:

Cotton Drill dyed Orange

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Yes - I added a waistband and pockets at the top front

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I have sew it before (years ago) and will sew it again - my 4 year old loves it. I'll make more for him.

Conclusion:

Fast pattern to make up. Fun when made in interesting fabric such as cord (made it in red cord before).

No comments:

Post a Comment