Saturday, 30 April 2011

Simplicity 3775 - Dress (as a top)

Since I have just finished shorts for J, I decided to make a "quick" top for me. I decided to make Simplicity 3775, which I made a toile for  last year, at the time I thought that it did not work for me as a dress, but that as  a top it might work. So I made a pattern piece to be a bottom band for the top, instead of a skirt.

Tonight I have sewn it up with the neckline and arm binding left to do. Working through so many thicknesses of fabric is tough in places and the fabric pleated where it should not. I also think I have put on some weight since it seems rather tight to take off.... however I think it will be a wearable top once it is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment