Monday, 7 March 2011

Burda 05-2009-110


Finally finished this shirt which has been lying about on the TO DO pile since October. I was so fed up of seeing it cut out that I just wanted it finished! The fabric is too sheer and I managed to mess up the alignments when sewing one side of the front together so one side is shorter than the other..... I would make this top again, though in a less sheer fabric. I used a double layer of fabric for the bust section, but still feel a little exposed in this shirt!

Pattern Description:


Delicate batiste, waist darts and an empire seam



Pattern Sizing:

36-46

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Hummm they were OK, but I have made shirts before.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I do not like the cuff/sleeve placket. I would used a tailored finish next time. I love the front shaping.

Fabric Used:

Prima cotton - very very thin been in stash forever - actually bought it to use for batik!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes - but more carefully to ensure I lined up the empire properly and made the fronts the same!

Conclusion:



Will made again - but going to whip up some T-shirts first. Nice fitting shirt, will make in a patterned fabric next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment