Friday, 15 October 2010

Halloween in orange....

Kwik Sew 2547 - orange fleece jumper

Simplicity 5512













Simplicity 4816




AND an orange mask (my own pattern ...well if you can call making a mask a pattern!)











Well L's favourite colour is ermm ORANGE! He wanted a Robin (as in Batman and Robin) costume... but all in orange, and with none of the emblems or belts etc.... so we think is rather the amazing Tango Boy.. but L likes it so all is well. Will put up a photo or him wearing it as soon as I have one.


Orange Cape Simplicity 5512

Pattern Description:


Costumes for Kids - Capes, tabards, hats etc

Pattern Sizing:

3-8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from my changes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Disliked the fact that the cloak "D" was made in 8 pieces, I made it in black first (but I have not finished that one yet, pending hood decisions!), which I made as per the pattern. The second I made in orange using combined pattern pieces

Fabric Used:

Cheap cotton



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

For the orange cloak I put the front piece and front yoke pattern pieces together and cut as one piece front piece (2 pieces cut), for the back I all elimated the central seam and cut the yoke and back as one piece on the fold (1 piece cut), then there was only 3 pieces not 8. Also I created a velcro closure rather than a frog.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Have sewn it twice, and will use the amended pattern as often as more fancy dress is needed!

Conclusion:



Fast (even fast with my modifications!) and great to make up. The boys love their capes!



http://clothesandsewing.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween.html

No comments:

Post a Comment