Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Simplicity 4816 Top




Pattern Description:


Child's pants or shorts, Knit Tops and pillows

Pattern Sizing:

3-8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from modifications. I made Top A

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I have used this pattern before for the Top B and the shorts (E) - it was great for those. However I dislike the bulk created for the button closure and the fact the front is cut in two halves.

Fabric Used:

Polar Fleece

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Used velcro not buttons

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

No - just wanted to make a jumper for my son and this is the only pattern in my stash which is in his size. I'll have to bite the bullet and buy some new patterns in larger sizes!

Conclusion:

Will not make top A again but will use for the other pieces (as I have in the past)

No comments:

Post a Comment