Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Burda 2933

Pattern Description:

Dress in two lengths with cap/short sleeves or sleeveless, mock wrap effect to skirt panel
Pattern Sizing:

8-18
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes - apart from my changes which affected the wrap panel

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the well fitting bodice
Fabric Used:

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I needed to make size 12 at waist flaring out to a 16 at the hips, this changed how the wrap panel hung - it looked odd. Also inserted a concealed zipper rather than a centered zip.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

No - because the style does not suit me. However I might use the bodice pattern pieces, combined with the top of the skirt pattern pieces in order to make a long bodice section and then add a different skirt style to the base .

Conclusion:

Empire style dresses do not suit my body shape - well at least I have learnt my lesson now! The pattern goes together very fast.

1 comment: