Friday, 2 July 2010

Ottobre 03-2009-10 Shirt

Pattern Description: Shirt - almost identical to 03-2009-21... Little Fella
Pattern Sizing:62-92
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? No - but only because I made a yoke for the front section, which I cut on the bias to create a "cowboy" look
Were the instructions easy to follow?
They were fine (especially for Ottobre), but I have sewn shirts before, and htat helped.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This is essentially the same pattern as No 21 just in the smaller sizes. The only difference is that the placket facing is cut as a separate piece, which I prefer.
Fabric Used:Cotton Gingham Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
As above - made a front yoke cut on the bias. I would also recommend folding and ironing the bias strip for the collar before stitching
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I already have more fabric waiting to be ironed to make more of these!
Conclusion: Love this pattern and No 21 (from the same issue). My sons chose their own buttons and love their shirt, so this is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment