Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Vogue 8234

Still needs hemming but basically finished! Even hand stitched the inside lining.  It needs to be tighter under the arms and possibly raised a little, this would stop it being baggy across the bust! Pattern Sizing:

I made a size 12 flaring out to 14 at the hips, I should have taken it in under the arms as it was too baggy across my bust.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow?They were OK but not fantastic
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I did not like the centered zip so I used a concealed zip, also don't like how they deal with the lining and zip, but other than that (and the underarm adjustments I should have made.... I really like the result
Fabric Used:Cotton Viscose from stash and some lining fabric from stash.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Increase size of hips - look huge in photo!! Also need to adjust bust to make it smaller.

I did not remember to line up the print until after I had cut the fabric so I was only able to recut the bodice front and band front, the skirt pattern does not match and is wonky. But I am pleased with the matching that I did do, and hopefully I will remember next time!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I might sew it again but I have several other dress patterns to try first.
Conclusion: I had made a muslin but with view C sleeve so all the frill meant I did not notice that the underarm adjustments were needed. The frills were a little too 1980's bridesmaid dress, but without those and with fitting issues sorted, this is a lovely dress.

1 comment:

  1. Your dress is lovely and very figure flattering.

    ReplyDelete