Sunday, 6 June 2010

Skirt and Bag

Finally Finished the toile/ muslin for Vogue 8296, which I LOVE. I shall wear this toile, but I think I will add 4 - 6 " to the hem line when I make the "real" skirt.  It moves well and feels lovely. I still need to perfect the lining and use of ribbon inside the waistband. The denim will fray up when washed. I shall all see how the ribbon sits once washed, I might need to top stitch it down. LOVE IT! Added it as my first review on pattern review!
Pattern Sizing:14-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Made view B Yes - apart from the fact that I used one type of fabric for the yoke type sections and other for the bottom sections

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy - but they do not point out that you should mark the 1cm seam allowance on the underlapped fabric so that you can line up the over-lap fabric (but everyone else could probably work that out - maybe it is only me who thought of that AFTER making the skirt!)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the bias cut and movement to the skirt

Fabric Used: Denim (possibly - came out of the stash) and cotton
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Took in a very tiny amount over the hips so that it fits better

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Only made a wearable toile/muslin so will definitely sew it again.

Conclusion:

Next time I make it I will overlock the edges before putting it together as I don't like the fraying. Also I will probably increase the length.


 
Also completed a little bag as a test. Now I want to make one with a long strap for carrying mobile phone. car keys and tissues when out.

No comments:

Post a Comment